Quick Start Guide
Set-Up & Use
Unpack Your New QT Cart
All QT® Carts go through a 12-Step Quality Check process before shipping. Upon arrival, please unpack your new QT® Cart.
Unlock Your New QT Cart
Depending on the models purchased, you will either have a Key Lock, eLock, or Prox Lock. This determines how you access your unit.
Clean Your New QT Cart
Unlock Your New QT® Carts
QT Carts are shipped locked with the keys taped to the slide-out shelf.
The eLock and Prox Lock systems on your QT Cart comes preprogrammed with the default Supervisor Code (12345) and default User Code (1234).
To access your eLock QT Cart for the first time, simply punch in default User Code1234 or default Supervisor Code 12345 and hit ENTER.
Add eLOCK SUPERVISOR CODE for the First Time
1. If the Green Light is Blinking Press LOCK/CLEAR
2.Enter Default Supervisor Code 12345 and hit ENTER. The cart will Unlock
3.Press ADD SUPERVISOR
4.Enter NEW Supervisor Code (4 to 14 digits)
5.Press ENTER or scan Supervisor Card credential (if equipped with Proximity Lock) NOTE: This Supervisor Code now occupies slot 1
6.Pres LOCK/CLEAR to exit
Add eLock Supervisor Code
1.Enter valid supervisor PIN code and press ENTER or scan valid Supervisor card credential (if equipped with Proximity Lock)
2.Press ADD SUPERVISOR.The lights on the keypad will blink from left to right
3.Enter the new user PIN code (4 to 14 digits) or scan new user card credential
4.Press ENTER.If the code is accepted, the green light will flash.
6.Test new Supervisor Code
Add eLock User Code
1.Enter valid Supervisor Code and press ENTER or scan valid Supervisor Card credential (if equipped with Proximity Lock)
2.Press ADD USER
3.Enter the new User Code (4 to 14 digits) or scan new User Card credential
NOTE: Make sure to document your new eLock access and/or master codes in a secure location.
Clean Your New QT® Carts
- Always comply with facility cleaning standards and guidelines*.
- Before using any cleaner, do a spot test on a small, inconspicuous area of your product to ensure it will not cause damage to the finish.
- Solvents, acidic or abrasive cleaners can damage surfaces and are not recommended.
- Wipe spill away promptly and rinse several times with water.
- Steel wool and other abrasive cleaning pads will damage the surface.
- Do not mix different cleaning agents to clean or disinfect.
- Rust remover, drain cleaners and toilet bowl cleaners contain harsh chemicals and will quickly cause permanent damage.
- Hair, textile and food dyes can cause permanent stains.
Recommended Cleaning Products
Soap and water and most common cleaners/disinfectants are excellent for most cleaning and disinfecting purposes as long as the directions on the label are followed.
The following cleaning products are acceptable when used according to directions:
- AHP Accel® TB
- Bleach Mixture (1/3 cup bleach per 1 gallon of water)
- Dispatch® Hospital Cleaner Disinfectant
- DiverseyTM Oxivir® Tb Wipes
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- MetrexTM CaviWipesTM
- Oxivir® Tb
- Quaternary Cleaners
- Sani-Cloth® AF3
- Sani-Cloth® HB
- SanimasterTM 6
- Super Sani-Cloth®
NOTE: DO NOT use any of the above listed cleaners on the keyboard. Only non-acid based cleaners.
Recommended Cleaning Procedures
- Remove debris before application of the cleaner/disinfectant.
- Apply cleaner/disinfectant according to the label. Avoid using sprays on products with electronic components.
- Ensure that the solution is wiped away with a clean cloth. Do not allow the cleaner to remain on product longer that the time recommended on the label.
- When solutions are NOT contained in a spray bottle make sure to appropriately dispose of the solution, cleaning cloth and cleaning supplies after each cleaning.
Keypad Cleaning Instructions
1.To clean the Keypad surface, apply non-acid based cleaner to a clean cotton cloth. DO NOT spray cleaner directly on the Keypad.
2. Wipe down Keypad (especially the edges) and ensure excess cleaner is removed.
THE USE OF EXCESSIVE CLEANER WILL CAUSE THE CIRCUITRY TO CORRODE AND FAIL.
For troubleshooting, help, and FAQs for Medical Storage Carts, CLICK BELOW.
For helpful, how-to videos for Medical Storage Carts,